Friday, April 4, 2014

Ore. Pizza Delivery Man Andrew Shaffer Gets His Own Surprise Special Delivery...

One pizza deliveryman in Portland, Ore., got a very special delivery of his own after working a disappointing shift the night before.
"It was just a regular delivery and I didn't get tipped, so whatever," Andrew Shaffer, a Papa John's employee of five years, told GoodMorningAmerica.com of the seemingly thankless trip to one couple's home during his shift on March 28.
A hardworking employee, he didn't call attention to the measly $23 dollars he was handed for the total $22.67 tab, choosing to just grin and keeping moving to his next stop.
The next day, however, something unexpected happened when Schaffer, 25, walked into work. Without missing a beat, his boss asked if he remembered making a delivery to the address that stiffed him.
"He gave me their address and I was like, 'Yes,' because I remembered they didn't tip me," Schaffer explained.
The couple had apparently stopped by Papa John's, "and I was worried because I didn't think I was rude to them," said Schaffer, unsure of why else they'd make the effort to come in to the store.
Much to Schaffer's surprise, it was quite the contrary.
"He [Schaffer's boss] handed me a card and it said, 'A Thank You Note' across the front," the shocked employee recalled. "And I opened it up and it totally made my day. I had never gotten anything like that from a customer in six years of delivering."
The handmade card from the couple had a stamped cupcake on the front, and inside contained an additional $20 bill to make up for their tipping miscalculations the night prior.
“We would like to apologize for our impaired math skills and thank you for the work you do,” the note read. “We appreciate it immensely.”
"The quality of the handmade card," Schaffer said, "That was something I really appreciate. It was really creative."
The humbled deliveryman, who is delivering pizzas to pay his way through college, sincerely appreciates the customers - signed Tom and Jenn - going out of their way to acknowledge his efforts.
"It takes a little work to do something like that," he said. "They realized it, and the very next day, to take action and do something like that was so great."

No comments:

Post a Comment