Friday, February 14, 2014

The Knot magazine awards Boston Marathon bombing survivor couple Rebekah Gregory and Pete DiMartino a dream wedding...


Two survivors of the Boston Marathon bombings have been selected to get the wedding of their dreams this year by the wedding planning website The Knot.
The Knot described Rebekah Gregory and Pete DiMartino, who have been together since Nov. 2012, as "an inspiring couple who deserve the wedding of their dreams after the obstacles they have overcome.”
MARATHON.JPG
Charles Krupa/AP
Gregory and DiMartino were less than 10 feet away from the first bomb that went off at the Marathon last April. They were at the event with Gregory's son Noah cheering on DiMartino's mother, who was running the race.
“I remember being thrown back and the noise and the smell of it and not knowing where anyone was,” Gregory told Boston Magazine. “The first thought that went through my mind was, where is my son? I couldn’t find him, but I could hear him in the background and he was going, ‘Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!’"
“I figured out that he was in the back of me. I couldn’t even see my legs at that point. So I reached out my hand to try to move him toward me, and I realized I had two exposed bones completely sticking out of my left hand, blood rushing down my arm. At that point I just remember thinking I was going to die,” she said.
DiMartino was also seriously injured.
“This experience has brought us so close,” she told Boston Magazine. “We have a new appreciation for each other and every day. When you go through something so horrible and it turns out to be one of the best and worst days of your life. It’s hard to explain but that’s exactly what it is. For us to be where we are right now, especially in our relationship, we couldn’t be any happier.”
DiMartino proposed to Gregory in a model of a house they were having built in Houston, Texas.
While they know they'll getting married this year, they don't know much else about their big day. That's because the details are totally up to The Knot readers, who are voting on everything from the location to the theme and even the entertainment. The couple finds out what their wedding will be like on Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment