Monday, January 13, 2014

Jessica Eaves turns the tables on thief who stole her wallet...


GUTHRIE, Okla. —A Guthrie woman is getting national attention after she turned the tables on a thief who stole her wallet.
Jessica Eaves said she was grocery shopping earlier this month when a man stole from her.
"I approached him and said, ‘Sir, my wallet's missing out of my purse and you were the only other person in the aisle,’" Eaves said.
She gave the man an ultimatum. Eaves told him he could either give the wallet back to her and she would buy his groceries or she would take his picture and call the police.
"He just kind of stared at me for a second and he reached into his hoodie pocket and handed it to me," Eaves said.
She spent $27 on the man's groceries and said he started crying.
"The last thing he said to me was, ‘I'm embarrassed, I have kids, I'm broke and I'm sorry,’" she said.
Eaves said she never wanted any attention over what happened. However, since she posted the story on Facebook, it has been shared online by thousands. She said she now wants the story to be one that inspires people to be compassionate.
"What I did that day should be the norm," Eaves said.

No comments:

Post a Comment