Sunday, July 28, 2013

Waitress Jennifer Shaw finds $5000 in an envelope - returns it...

SAVANNAH, GA (WTOC) -
What would you do if you found an envelope filled with $5,000? The waitress at Mercer's Steak and Seafood on Wilmington Island returned it to the customer who lost it.
"It was definitely shocking," says Jennifer Shaw, the waitress at Mercer's. "It was mostly one hundred dollar bills, but there was one hundred that was broken up out of it."
Shaw tells WTOC a group of gentlemen who seemed to be reuniting had been sitting at the table, and she found the money when she went to clean it.
"I mean you dont really know what to think at the moment. My knees where actually shaking once I realized exactly how much it was. I immediately did not keep it out in the open. I put it in my apron and continued on to my other table that i was taking care of," says Shaw.
Knowing exactly who the money belonged to, Shaw said she could do nothing but return the envelop to its rightful owner.
"I could tell that this was not just money that they did not need. This wasn't just five dollars to them. This was like $5,000 that it would be to me," said Shaw.
The owner of Mercer's tells us he is proud to have such honest employees working at his restaurant.
"Very rarely do people lose things in a restaurant facility like this, but when it happens it makes you feel wonderful that our staff are trust worthy," says Mark Egan.
The customer did reward Shaw with $100 for returning his money.

No comments:

Post a Comment