Saturday, April 27, 2013

Sandwich Art - David LaFerriere has drawn different art on his kids' lunch bags everyday since 2008


David LaFerriere has illustrated his kids' lunch bags with a Sharpie marker since 2008. And during those five years, none of his drawings have been the same.
"I used to work nights at a newspaper, and I'd be up early in the morning making my kids sandwiches," LaFerriere, a graphic designer at Wheaton College in Massachusetts, toldMashable. "I started drawing on the baggies, sort of as a way to channel my creative juices in the morning, and it just ended up sticking."
His kids, Evan, 16, and Kenny, 14, were both in elementary school when it started. Now that they're older, LaFerriere said, they and their friends still look forward to the drawings every day.
"I'd like to keep doing this for as long as possible. Of course, things will change once they go to college — but I can still send illustrated care packages," he said.
Take a look at some of our favorites in the gallery above. You can stay up to date with LaFerriere's newest illustrations on his Flickr page.



No comments:

Post a Comment