Saturday, April 20, 2013

Cincinatti Reds player Todd Frazier hits home run for Bat Boy Teddy Kremer, a 30-year-old man with Down Syndrome. "He's so funny, C'mon, hit me a home run, I love you." I said, 'I love you too, I'll hit you one," Frazier recalled.



Cincinnati Reds batboy Teddy Kremer had two requests Thursday night: He wanted pizza and a home run from third baseman Todd Frazier.
Kremer, who has Down syndrome, had been the Reds' batboy before and knew that if Cincinnati scored 11 runs in a victory, everyone gets free pizza.
That's where Frazier came into play in the sixth inning Thursday. His 420-foot home run, his fifth of the season, gave the Reds an 11-1 lead, which eventually became the final score.
"I started smiling even before I hit home plate because I knew it," Frazier said. "They said he forgot to pick the bat up, so the umpire was yelling at him. ... You can't get mad — even if you have a terrible day. How can you be mad when you've got a guy like that around?"
Red shortstop Zack Cozart echoed those sentiments.
"Teddy’s awesome, this is the second time he’s been the batboy since I’ve been here," Cozart said.

No comments:

Post a Comment