Saturday, July 13, 2013

Rachel Wolf organizes her wedding's father-daughter dance a little bit early with her terminally ill dad Dr. Jame's Wolf...




AUBURN, CA - It's safe to say many women have dreamed of their wedding day since they were little girls. But 25-year-old Rachel Wolf will be missing something once her wedding day finally comes - the other man in her life.

Her father Dr. James Wolf is losing his battle with pancreatic cancer. He has 4-6 months left to live.

So, to make sure the good doctor is at her wedding, Rachel had a wild idea - have their last father/daughter dance before it's too late.

Rachel invited him to her Auburn home early Thursday morning and greeted her dad at the door with a personalized invitation.

"My greatest sadness of you not being here is that you won't get to walk me down the aisle, or have a special father/daughter dance," she said through tears. "So I'm inviting you to my 'wedding.'"

This request might seem strange, but after meeting James, you quickly realize that Rachel lights up his world.

So this last dance is just as important to him.

"Because I'm saddened over the fact that I won't be there for the events of her life," he said through tears. "That's been difficult on me."

Rachel isn't engaged, and she didn't want to pressure her boyfriend into popping the question just because her dad is dying.

So not only will they have their dance, they'll record it for the future.

"I just thought, if I get the dress and record it, I can have it for whoever," Rachel said. "I'm not going to watch it until my wedding day, so it'll be a surprise when it's happening. I don't want to regret one day that I could have done it, I get to have that forever."

James said only his daughter would have an idea like this, and that's what he loves about her. He also said he isn't afraid of dying, but with less than six months to go, he wants to leave a lasting impression.

"My whole life has been dedicated to try to make a difference," James said. "And I would like to leave that to them, to recognize how important it is to make a difference."

"He's always been my hero," Rachel said. "He's pretty much everyone's hero because he's a doctor. But he's mine, he's the best."


The goal is to have this final dance organized for July 20. News10 made a few calls to the community, and the response was overwhelming-everything has been donated for their special day.

No comments:

Post a Comment